My computer savvy husband was so excited that I learned a few things he didn't know, that we had a date last Friday night and sat at Panera Bread for three hours while I showed him what I learned. We created a video together and he set up and Ipadio account so he, too, could make podcasts! The video of our dogs turned out to be a real hit with one of the children at our church! His parents kept Facebooking us to relay how many times the tike watched our video! :)
Then my husband enthusiastically set up an iGoogle page for me! What a wonder. Imagine in one spot: my blog reader info, gmail, weather info, access to posting on my blog, NPR news links AND a common calendar we can both add information to! How did I ever function before Google?
Up until this class, I only thought Google was a tool for searching. These enterprizing people have found a way to catch you hook, line and sinker into believing that you can organize and manage your entire life on one website! Who would have imagined that just a few short years ago? What will technology look like for our children when they are my age??
license:http://whttp://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/deed.en
image: www.flickr.com/photos/clf/84743916/

I would have enjoyed sitting in the next booth at Panera's and listening to that conversation. :)
ReplyDeleteBeleve it or not, Jo, it was a great and cheap date!
ReplyDelete